How many of these girls are on Prep?

Talk about health issues here. Be careful out there folks!

Moderator: blueman

Op911

How many of these girls are on Prep?

Post by Op911 »

Just wondering if anyone on here has a sense of how many of these girls are on Prep?
I mean it would make sense for them to be on it if they are pros and doing some BB but seeing some comments here about girls not wanting CIP due to not being on birth control makes me wonder if many of them are not planning the best for their own sexual health.
Any idea? Its this more likely with an agency girl vs LL or is this hoping for too much?
kpower

Re: How many of these girls are on Prep?

Post by kpower »

Honest question. Is it really that easy to get prep for women? If so then I'll like to think they are taking the extra precaution to protect them selves at the minimum. Say ladies on tour from Asia, how likely are they to know of the existence of prep?
Op911

Post by Op911 »

kpower wrote: Sat 30-Dec-2023 2:20 pm Honest question. Is it really that easy to get prep for women? If so then I'll like to think they are taking the extra precaution to protect them selves at the minimum. Say ladies on tour from Asia, how likely are they to know of the existence of prep?
Not sure, it’s why Im asking. The one time I got BBFS, after the afterglow settled I was a bit anxious about STIs and she was good enough to then walk me through how she was on Prep, which perhaps explains how she felt comfortable initiating it with me in the first place. But i am unclear if agencies are educating their girls about this option for the health of the girls.
It seemed to me that at least this SP had a very helpful GP who was happy to prescribe for her.
But it would be good to know if they are using it.
blueman

Post by blueman »

kpower wrote: Sat 30-Dec-2023 2:20 pm Honest question. Is it really that easy to get prep for women? If so then I'll like to think they are taking the extra precaution to protect them selves at the minimum. Say ladies on tour from Asia, how likely are they to know of the existence of prep?
From the looks of it, yes, women can buy it fairly easily.

https://www.gofreddie.com/apply-for-prep (test and order online)
https://www.thevillagepharmacy.ca/prep-for-women (one result that came up for Toronto)
heck, it's heaven got its own Hashtag :)
https://www.cdc.gov/stophivtogether/sheiswell/index.html

It's definitely known in Asia, they can get it free or for a small cost (just google the country and something like "get PrEP")
blueman

Post by blueman »

Op911 wrote: Sun 31-Dec-2023 3:28 am ...
Not sure, it’s why Im asking. The one time I got BBFS, after the afterglow settled I was a bit anxious about STIs and she was good enough to then walk me through how she was on Prep, which perhaps explains how she felt comfortable initiating it with me in the first place. But i am unclear if agencies are educating their girls about this option for the health of the girls.
It seemed to me that at least this SP had a very helpful GP who was happy to prescribe for her.
But it would be good to know if they are using it.
Well, on the flip side, you can take it yourself. The only downside to it seems like you have to take it daily, but there also appears to be a version you can take the day off. I didn't google that too much.

The main thing is PrEP drugs (Truvada, Generic Truvada, and Descovy are approved in Canada) have to be in your system at least 2-24 hours before exposure (not after), and it only works on HIV; it doesn't do anything against Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, etc.