Thoughts on HPV Vaccine?

Talk about health issues here. Be careful out there folks!

Moderator: blueman

kpower

Thoughts on HPV Vaccine?

Post by kpower »

What are your thoughts on getting HPV vaccine?

From the government of Canada's website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/human-papillomavirus-hpv.html
The health risks of HPV
HPV causes almost all cervical cancers but is also linked to cancer of the throat, oral cavity, penis, anus, vagina or vulva. More research is needed to define the extent of these linkages.

Anogenital warts, although rarely associated with cancer, are still a significant burden for those affected often leading to physical, emotional and social problems. They can be effectively treated by applying prescribed medication either in a doctor's office or by you at home. Other medical treatments include cryotherapy (freezing), an electric current, or a laser or surgical removal of the warts but these methods do not always eliminate HPV infection. Even with treatment, warts can recur.

HPV does not appear to affect a woman's ability to become pregnant. Although considered rare, the baby may be at risk of getting an HPV infection in the throat. A C-section delivery is not routinely recommended, unless there is a significant obstruction or other risks.
I want to get the vaccine but seems like it is only recommended for men 9-26 and men older than 26 if having sex with other men.

What's your thought?

K
anon3893

Re: Thoughts on HPV Vaccine?

Post by anon3893 »

My thought is to get it, and I did. Can't be too safe in this hobby.
sexpuppy

Post by sexpuppy »

i got it; it is 3 shots and covered by insurance. Better safe than sorry. And if i was bbfs regularly i would go on PrEP as well.
ThipN

Post by ThipN »

please get it and protect yourself and others, recommended for all ages :D

had mine done 2 years ago, if no benefit coverage it's around $600, everyone get it free now under OHIP when in grade school, females and males before becoming sexually active.
Private Bookings -> thipn.cc password: vaseline