Teletest Testing Process

Talk about health issues here. Be careful out there folks!

Moderator: blueman

checkingBBFS

Teletest Testing Process

Post by checkingBBFS »

Hey all,

Question for those who use Teletest. I am not from Ontario, but I do travel there often enough that I could probably use teletest when I am in the province. Like many of us here, discretion is very important hence me going this route. This is likely a very dumb question, but I'm going to ask it anyways. I have confirmed I can use Teletest as an out of province patient as long as I am willing to come to one of their test centers. No problem. When going in for testing, do they require any sort of ID? They don't really outline the process. Teletest also asks for a mailing address. Does it matter if I use my actual address? Will the send me anything?

In a perfect world, I'd like to go in there, give them my email address and pseudonym that I used and everything gets emailed to me. I expect it's not going to be this easy, but wondering if anyone can comment on the actual process and how much of my actual information they will actually need.

Thank you,
goatcheeseballs

Re: Teletest Testing Process

Post by goatcheeseballs »

Its been a while since i set it up my account with teletest, but it does require full name, mailing address and health card number.

The perk of this is you dont need to go to a doctors office where you need to wait days or weeks for an appointment, hours in waiting room or be lectured by a doctor on risks of raw dog sex. This is more about speed and convenience less on anonymity.

Fill out form online, answer some questions, pay your fee, may need online chat with doctor on this site, then you get your form to do blood and pee tests. Search for nearest lab, bring healthcard, form and do your tests. within a few days get your results online with email notification. Only fee you pay is to teletest. I believe without a healthcard theres a much higher fee for results or they wont do it. Cant remember.

If you want 100% anonymous, you need to go to an anonymous sex clinic. Give a fake name, give a legit phone number but you dont need to provide set address or healthcard. They may ask for city and postal for stats.

Anon clinic is unpredictable in getting an appointment, wait time and process to get paper results isnt quick. If you get an appointment, they do pee and hiv rapid test. HIV rapid test result is instant and they can give you a report on the spot that youre clean. For the pee tests, they will call if youre positive in a week. If you want pee results, you have to go back in for them.
Quaharry

Post by Quaharry »

The lab I use (Dynacare) does request ID when you arrive, I also know LifeLabs will as well. I'd suggest giving them a call and seeing if it's necessary, I've never tried to deny it.

The results are all virtual in a pdf that is accessible through the site, nothing is mailed to you and the only email you'll get is that "results are available" or for doctor appointments should it be needed.
checkingBBFS

Post by checkingBBFS »

Thanks to both. This is great information.