Toronto clinics

Talk about health issues here. Be careful out there folks!

Moderator: blueman

zeuskatanox

Re: Toronto clinics

Post by zeuskatanox »

We had Epclusa, and now Nullbasic. Big news on both the Hep C and HIV fronts last week.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/health/h ... q5ws7.html

Brisbane research on anti-HIV protein has shown some early promise, and we may see a 'functional' cure to HIV within our lifetime (maybe in 15 to 20 years; the majority of recently diagnosed HIV positive patients would hopefully still be alive by then).

I dream of the day where HIV would be no more than a nuisance that Gonorrhoea and Chlamydia are today, one fewer big thing to worry about during BBFS.
PervyErnie

Post by PervyErnie »

zeuskatanox wrote:We had Epclusa, and now Nullbasic. Big news on both the Hep C and HIV fronts last week.

Brisbane research on anti-HIV protein has shown some early promise, and we may see a 'functional' cure to HIV within our lifetime (maybe in 15 to 20 years; the majority of recently diagnosed HIV positive patients would hopefully still be alive by then).

I dream of the day where HIV would be no more than a nuisance that Gonorrhoea and Chlamydia are today, one fewer big thing to worry about during BBFS.
Thanks for all the info Zeus. I've received treatment without and before positive test results. If you go in explaining that you got a call from a previous partner that has tested positive, you'll be given the meds as a precaution. It also depends on your doctor as well. My family doctor will prescribe immediately and I've been to a walk in clinic where the doctor asked if I wanted the meds or to wait for results. I explained that I'm exhibiting symptoms which is the sole reason I was there and that the discharge overnight is not normal.

Great news on the HIV front. I'm actually a bit more nervous about the drug resistant strains of gonorrhea that cannot be cured.
zeuskatanox

Post by zeuskatanox »

PervyErnie wrote:
zeuskatanox wrote:We had Epclusa, and now Nullbasic. Big news on both the Hep C and HIV fronts last week.

Thanks for all the info Zeus. I've received treatment without and before positive test results. If you go in explaining that you got a call from a previous partner that has tested positive, you'll be given the meds as a precaution. It also depends on your doctor as well. My family doctor will prescribe immediately and I've been to a walk in clinic where the doctor asked if I wanted the meds or to wait for results. I explained that I'm exhibiting symptoms which is the sole reason I was there and that the discharge overnight is not normal.

Great news on the HIV front. I'm actually a bit more nervous about the drug resistant strains of gonorrhea that cannot be cured.
Did that make it to the OHIP record though (I'm assuming it did since you tested anyway)?

The last time I got tested for gonorrhea and chlamydia, the walk in clinic I did it at could pull out my record :( Likewise with non rapid 4th gen HIV tests (they were wondering why I got tested so often in a year).

That's why I would only stick with rapid anonymous test in sexual clinics, but unfortunately, it's only for HIV, and not for other STDs. The only way to hide it would be through some private company such as stdcheck.
PervyErnie

Post by PervyErnie »

zeuskatanox wrote:
PervyErnie wrote:

Did that make it to the OHIP record though (I'm assuming it did since you tested anyway)?

The last time I got tested for gonorrhea and chlamydia, the walk in clinic I did it at could pull out my record :( Likewise with non rapid 4th gen HIV tests (they were wondering why I got tested so often in a year).

That's why I would only stick with rapid anonymous test in sexual clinics, but unfortunately, it's only for HIV, and not for other STDs. The only way to hide it would be through some private company such as stdcheck.
I'm not overly concerned with it making my records. I believe it probably did since I had to scan my health card when checking in. I'm divorced and cases of this sort of thing (STI's) are actually comically common so I don't see any way it can be used against me. Privacy laws prevent my insurance provider from gathering the information and if it's been treated, isn't a preexisting medical condition anyway.
A buddy of mine is a military medic and the dispensing of antibiotics for STI's far outweigh that for any other reason. As a matter of fact, if someone comes in complaining of anything in the midsection/pelvic region, the first question they ask is if the dude has been out fucking whores. LMAO
My positive test results actually came in college over 15 years ago and were at a Toronto Public Health unit. I don't think I gave my OHIP number at the time but maybe I did...
Surprisingly, I've been as clean as a mountain stream since then. But I'm also extremely selective of where I stick my cock and if my Spidey Senses are tingling, I leave.
Rashes anywhere on her body, smells of anything other than latex/lube, strung out, alarming lack of body mass... Hell, even if the room looks like a bomb went off in it, I bail. If she doesn't take care of her things or her appearance, she probably doesn't take care of her snizzpod.
Be safe gentlemen and always try to think with the right head.
cipciphurray

Post by cipciphurray »

PervyErnie wrote:But I'm also extremely selective of where I stick my cock and if my Spidey Senses are tingling, I leave.
Rashes anywhere on her body, smells of anything other than latex/lube, strung out, alarming lack of body mass... Hell, even if the room looks like a bomb went off in it, I bail. If she doesn't take care of her things or her appearance, she probably doesn't take care of her snizzpod.
Be safe gentlemen and always try to think with the right head.
Sage advice. Same rules of observation that I follow. I also avoid the assembly line girls who offer it up for dirt cheap as the risk of contracting something goes up for all parties involved with higher volumes. Often these girls may be trying to support a drug habit so their sense of care is already pretty low on all fronts.
Ugo1st

Re: Toronto clinics/LifeLab

Post by Ugo1st »

Went to a LifeLab After lunch - no lineup

( don't go on a Saturday morning)

Their locations are all over Ontario

Got routine STI urine test result back .
LifeLab results online !

fast ! 27 hours

I used a photocopy of the req from Dr , a week ago.

So simple !

In the past - up to an 1 hour wait at Peel Health walk in ( never did book an appointment)
- go back a week later to get a copy of report
OR
similar at Dr's office
bigB

Re: Toronto clinics/LifeLab

Post by bigB »

Ugo1st wrote:Went to a LifeLab After lunch - no lineup

( don't go on a Saturday morning)

Their locations are all over Ontario

Got routine STI urine test result back .
LifeLab results online !

fast ! 27 hours

I used a photocopy of the req from Dr , a week ago.

So simple !

In the past - up to an 1 hour wait at Peel Health walk in ( never did book an appointment)
- go back a week later to get a copy of report
OR
similar at Dr's office
Your doctor will get a copy sent to them. He or she may wonder why another set of the tests were conducted. This may be problematic for you.
tsunami

Post by tsunami »

Just wondering, is every clinic require you to go back for your results?
I am looking for a clinic that does not call you back if the results are clean (no news = good news).
Anybody knows?
goatcheeseballs

Post by goatcheeseballs »

For anon sex health clinics, they call to confirm appointment from anonymous number. When getting results you have to call them. Even when you first go, they ask you to fill out a form, but you can keep pretty much everything anonymous. (Dont need address or family doctor info and could probably use a fake name. They dont check id) check the websites or call them for more detail.
blueman

Post by blueman »

If you're downtown, http://hasslefreeclinic.org/ is pretty good, they only call you back at the number you provide (could be a burner number) if something comes up.

When you a do go there it is pretty discrete location on 2nd floor but it's a waiting room full of guys of all kinds, but the doctors are pretty straightforward.