Are Spas Asking You for COVID Vaccine Receipts?

Moderator: blueman

blueman

Are Spas Asking You for COVID Vaccine Receipts?

Post by blueman »

Open question here.

As pretty much everybody knows, businesses in Ontario are now asking for Covid vaccination notices, wondering if people are finding massage spas are doing this?

Also interested in places outside Ontario, like BC and Alberta, are they doing anything? Or not.

Not interested in turning this into a political thing - and will delete if anybody does a bad Mel Gibson (Braveheart) impersonation :)

Just curious since I don't think they're going to be covering this on the supper news.

List of Venues Requiring Proof of Vaccination
https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/1000779/ontario-to-require-proof-of-vaccination-in-select-settings
allan_east

Re: Are Spas Asking You for COVID Vaccine Receipts?

Post by allan_east »

Went to seduction on Friday and they didn’t even care I had no mask on lol
blueman

Post by blueman »

allan_east wrote: Mon 27-Sep-2021 2:00 pm Went to seduction on Friday and they didn’t even care I had no mask on lol
Amazing lol

Yes, I was wondering if they figured there was going to be some pushback having to show papers plus secondary ID.

Then again, enforcement seems to be pretty chill, I was at two bars last 3 days, one place I think the bartender forgot (he asked another guy who came in later) and another bar was pretty full, nobody was checking anything lol
Flatulent Fox

Post by Flatulent Fox »

Spas aren't required to so they probably won't. I went to Seduction and HFH and no one asked. Since the reopening no one even wears masks either, even at Premier where they were picky about it last year.
Last edited by Flatulent Fox on Mon 08-Aug-2022 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blueman

Post by blueman »

Flatulent Fox wrote: Mon 27-Sep-2021 5:35 pm Spas aren't required to so they probably won't. I went to Seduction and HFH and no one asked. Since the reopening no one even wears masks either, even at Premier where they were picky about it last year.
That's interesting, I figured spas were covered under "Strip clubs, bathhouses and sex clubs;" (from the list on the Ontario government site)

But yes, there doesn't seem to be anything I can find specifically about massage (RMT or otherwise). I don't see any notices on spas like Perla, HFH or Seduction either.

This article mentioned spas (and other less-fun massages) but it's talking mostly about the staff being vaccinated.
https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/going-to-the-spa-you-might-need-a-vaccine-passport-for-that
blueman

Post by blueman »

Flatulent Fox wrote: Mon 27-Sep-2021 5:35 pm Spas aren't required to so they probably won't. I went to Seduction and HFH and no one asked. Since the reopening no one even wears masks either, even at Premier where they were picky about it last year.
Looks like you might be right, Vivi just posted this last Friday:

"VIVID SPA: OUR BUSINESS NOT REQUIRED A VACCINE CERTIFICATE. CUMM AND SEE OUR YOUNG AND WILD GIRLS TONIGHT"

https://twitter.com/VIVIDSPA2/status/1441263766964895751
blueman

Post by blueman »

Followup here on Toronto spas asking for vaccine passport - went two of the spas up in Markham this past week, neither asked for any kind of check. The attendants weren't wearing masks either.