Pre-paid Credit Cards

Moderator: blueman

threems

Pre-paid Credit Cards

Post by threems »

Wonder if any of the members have insight on what pre-paid credit cards are good to use out there. I want to pay for a subscription for a SD site but want to avoid using my regular credit card even if the billing is "discrete".
Thanks, in advance gentlemen.
talon79

Re: Pre-paid Credit Cards

Post by talon79 »

Shrug, I've found prepaid visa cards or MC are fine. Be careful as the fraud instances with these can be high, and getting a refund is a pita.
threems

Post by threems »

Genosys wrote: Fri 25-Jan-2019 12:46 pm Shrug, I've found prepaid visa cards or MC are fine. Be careful as the fraud instances with these can be high, and getting a refund is a pita.
Which one do you use? I've seen Canada Post offers a MC and a Visa
talon79

Post by talon79 »

Honestly I've bought both the MC and the Visa. They both seem about the same. I picked mine up at SDM.

Just have to open it, register it online, and away you go. Online registration is only required if you're using it for an online purchase, i.e. what was outlined above.

Just a note, I haven't used one specifically for this purpose, I just know you should be able to with no issues. I've used these same cards for plenty of other online transactions with no issue.

Oh, and buy one with just what you need. If you need to re-register go get a new one. You have to pay a fee up front for each card, but I believe over time there's a fee that will eat away at anything you don't use.