Text Apps

Moderator: blueman

incallenthusiast

Re: Text Apps

Post by incallenthusiast »

I use Line2 and I never have issues even with SPs that post "No calls from apps/voip"
--
Sommelier du le vagin
polo

Post by polo »

Text now because it allows pictures to be sent and received.
RickyJ

Post by RickyJ »

May 1st textplus wont work to semd messges to rogers customers or some shit
st8tsh00t3r

Post by st8tsh00t3r »

Sudo works great, and, it’s also free.
st8tsh00t3r

Post by st8tsh00t3r »

I use Sudo, it works really well and it’s free.
threems

Post by threems »

I have a burner but might give text apps a try.
Whawhawha

Post by Whawhawha »

Textnow and Textfree

Just remember:
* Modify the settings so your messages dont end in with a signature promoting the app.
* Set up your voicemail so if anyone calls you they wont hear the default branded voicemail message.
* Dont use your real email address when signing up. The ladies enjoy anonymity, and so should we.
djrob

Post by djrob »

Something else that you might consider is using an actual voip carrier that you can buy unlimited phone numbers from for a couple bucks a month, such as voip.ms (great Canadian voip provider).

This means you never have to keep an app on your phone (voip.ms for example, lets you use texts from their web app at sms.voip.ms) and has offered SMSes completely free inbound and outbound for the past decade or so. No MMS support at this provider.

Since you're actually buying services from the companies that TextNow and burner buy services to resell to you from, you get more control over use of the numbers (such as using email-to-SMS or sms.voip.ms in the case of voipms) and can maintain any number of phone numbers without a limit like one number per app...and you'll have less evidence around using a web app with no app on your phone required.... If you don't mind having an app on your phone, then https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.kourlas.voipms_sms is free and you can read/send sms from all your voipms numbers through it...

If you're a whiz with IT you can buy extremely cheap numbers from Signalwire (like I'm talking 8 cents/number) but you'll have to either code your own web app or use a compatible app
JuanRico

Post by JuanRico »

Derrickduo wrote: Sat 31-Mar-2018 11:06 am A good solution is just buying a cheap pay as you go sim and throwing it in an old cell phone or putting in your main phone for the duration of your hobbying that day
I think this is a far better option; most modern phones will take two sims anyway, and it is commonplace to use them, eg 'just for long-distance', 'for work', etc.
blueman

Post by blueman »

djrob wrote: Fri 05-Jun-2020 4:37 am Something else that you might consider is using an actual voip carrier that you can buy unlimited phone numbers from for a couple bucks a month, such as voip.ms (great Canadian voip provider).

Thanks for that, I'll check them out!