Yellow Semen

Talk about health issues here. Be careful out there folks!

Moderator: blueman

cybertooth

Yellow Semen

Post by cybertooth »

I've noticed the last couple of days my semen has been coming out really yellow. Has anyone had this before? I'm hoping it's nothing serious but I'm taking a break from this hobby until I get tested and I know everything is normal. I've read somewhere that one of the things that can cause yellow semen is excess use of marijuana and I've been smoking a lot of weed lately so I'm hoping that's it. Other than the color everything else seems normal. I'm going to give it a few weeks to see if it goes away. Anyone have anything like this before? I'll keep you posted.
Seedy

Re: Yellow Semen

Post by Seedy »

cybertooth wrote: Tue 24-Sep-2019 11:22 am I've noticed the last couple of days my semen has been coming out really yellow. Has anyone had this before? I'm hoping it's nothing serious but I'm taking a break from this hobby until I get tested and I know everything is normal. I've read somewhere that one of the things that can cause yellow semen is excess use of marijuana and I've been smoking a lot of weed lately so I'm hoping that's it. Other than the color everything else seems normal. I'm going to give it a few weeks to see if it goes away. Anyone have anything like this before? I'll keep you posted.
It can also be caused by STD per articles returned from google. Good luck.
blueman

Post by blueman »

cybertooth wrote: Tue 24-Sep-2019 11:22 am I've noticed the last couple of days my semen has been coming out really yellow. Has anyone had this before? I'm hoping it's nothing serious but I'm taking a break from this hobby until I get tested and I know everything is normal. I've read somewhere that one of the things that can cause yellow semen is excess use of marijuana and I've been smoking a lot of weed lately so I'm hoping that's it. Other than the color everything else seems normal. I'm going to give it a few weeks to see if it goes away. Anyone have anything like this before? I'll keep you posted.
Depending on where you are, there's a few anonymous clinics that can test for free and won't contact your family doctor and they don't ask a lot of questions.

This one is well know, they have seperate guy/girl days, will be in a waiting room full of guys though (seriously everybody from students, business guys and truckers)

http://hasslefreeclinic.org/home/men-trans-clinic/contacting-the-men-trans-clinic/
cybertooth

Post by cybertooth »

Seedy wrote: Tue 24-Sep-2019 9:02 pm
It can also be caused by STD per articles returned from google. Good luck.
Yeah, there are a few STIs that keep coming up in the articles. Thankfully it looks like they're all treatable. But I'm not getting any other of the symptoms and there are a number of other things it could be so just hoping for the best.
cybertooth

Post by cybertooth »

blueman wrote: Tue 24-Sep-2019 10:35 pm
Depending on where you are, there's a few anonymous clinics that can test for free and won't contact your family doctor and they don't ask a lot of questions.

This one is well know, they have seperate guy/girl days, will be in a waiting room full of guys though (seriously everybody from students, business guys and truckers)

http://hasslefreeclinic.org/home/men-trans-clinic/contacting-the-men-trans-clinic/
Thanks Blue. I'll check these out. I'm hoping it's nothing serious but I'll share whatever I find out. The more we know the better.
cybertooth

Post by cybertooth »

Update:

Did a bunch of research and things are looking good. My semen is turning back to a normal color and my doctor says there is no cause for concern based on what I told him. I'm still gonna get checked out though. The nurse at the clinic said I should wait until 3 months after my last sexual encounter before I get tested. Reasons for yellow semen can be diet, jaundice (yellowish pigment left behind when your liver breaks down red blood cells), too many white blood cells in the semen, prostate infection, or alcohol and substance use. I've been to a few parties where I drank pretty hard and smoked up a lot (weed) over the last month. That is likely it as I'm getting no other symptoms and the yellow seems to have gone away.

I found this chart very helpful. If you notice any discoloration in your semen, check it out.
https://www.healthline.com/health/mens-health/semen-color-chart

That being said, I think this is the end of the road for me with this hobby. Thank you everyone for the this experience. Stay safe
spectator

Post by spectator »

cybertooth wrote: Sat 05-Oct-2019 2:38 pm Update:

Did a bunch of research and things are looking good. My semen is turning back to a normal color and my doctor says there is no cause for concern based on what I told him. I'm still gonna get checked out though. The nurse at the clinic said I should wait until 3 months after my last sexual encounter before I get tested. Reasons for yellow semen can be diet, jaundice (yellowish pigment left behind when your liver breaks down red blood cells), too many white blood cells in the semen, prostate infection, or alcohol and substance use. I've been to a few parties where I drank pretty hard and smoked up a lot (weed) over the last month. That is likely it as I'm getting no other symptoms and the yellow seems to have gone away.

I found this chart very helpful. If you notice any discoloration in your semen, check it out.

That being said, I think this is the end of the road for me with this hobby. Thank you everyone for the this experience. Stay safe
Sounds pretty irresponsible and very much like you are making assumptions, I doubt you went to see a dr. If you are a hobbyist exploring BBFS you should be tested regularly. AIDS kills, and most STD's are asymptotic in many people. I would seriously doubt any DR you could see would not test you immediately if you are participating in BBFS, treat based on those results, and re-test (regularly) down the road. You probably have something minor, like Chlamydia or Gonorrhoea, which are both treatable, but who knows for sure unless you get tested. I know myself I would not and could not go without knowing, the mental stress would be too much. Do yourself and us all a favour and stay away from others sexually until a physician has cleared you medically.
cybertooth

Post by cybertooth »

spectator wrote: Sat 05-Oct-2019 4:15 pm
cybertooth wrote: Sat 05-Oct-2019 2:38 pm Update:

Sounds pretty irresponsible and very much like you are making assumptions, I doubt you went to see a dr. If you are a hobbyist exploring BBFS you should be tested regularly. AIDS kills, and most STD's are asymptotic in many people. I would seriously doubt any DR you could see would not test you immediately if you are participating in BBFS, treat based on those results, and re-test (regularly) down the road. You probably have something minor, like Chlamydia or Gonorrhoea, which are both treatable, but who knows for sure unless you get tested. I know myself I would not and could not go without knowing, the mental stress would be too much. Do yourself and us all a favour and stay away from others sexually until a physician has cleared you medically.
I did get tested. But she told me to come back again after 3 months because some things might not show up right away. Still waiting for the results.
blueman

Post by blueman »

Three months sounds like a long time for something to show up for :(

The common things like syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia should be detectable (i.e. they can test you for it) in a week or two. There's exceptions, but that's a good rule of thumb.

Maybe go in and tell them you're starting a relationship and haven't been tested in a while and just want to make sure you're both all good. (they're not going to ask questions a lot of questions - after all you're just being, err, responsible :)

They'll do a blood test, urine test, and unless they call you back in a week everything is good.
Chukwu123

Post by Chukwu123 »

you have a curable STi. Get treated.