How often do you get tested? Could you share any experience of STDs?

Talk about health issues here. Be careful out there folks!

Moderator: blueman

Supernut

How often do you get tested? Could you share any experience of STDs?

Post by Supernut »

Hey Guys, this is Supernut.

I just saw a YouTube video on Valentine’s Day about Canada is witnessing a surge of syphilis since 2022, same year bbfs was openly advertised from the Asian shop. Is that a coincidence? I just got myself checked last week, all came back negative, but I felt paranoid again after watching this video.

I always get myself tested every 3-4 months, never got anything. How often do you guys get tested? Would you mind sharing your STD experience?

Here is the link: https://youtu.be/dtO-WY85XiY?si=j4AMdeCDiLbLOKLv
Aznkappakp

Re: How often do you get tested? Could you share any experience of STDs?

Post by Aznkappakp »

I think 3 to 4 months is a good time frame. Stay safe, it is a big risk!
onlythetipreally

Post by onlythetipreally »

Aznkappakp wrote: Fri 12-Apr-2024 1:02 pm I think 3 to 4 months is a good time frame. Stay safe, it is a big risk!
After each bbfs experience, do you wait for the time window for an hiv test? That's what I've been doing anyway. No bbfs for a while, until I get my results. I'm due at the beginning of August for the blood test, as was suggested when going through teletest.ca
blueman

Post by blueman »

onlythetipreally wrote: Tue 30-Jul-2024 1:10 pm
Aznkappakp wrote: Fri 12-Apr-2024 1:02 pm I think 3 to 4 months is a good time frame. Stay safe, it is a big risk!
After each bbfs experience, do you wait for the time window for an hiv test? That's what I've been doing anyway. No bbfs for a while, until I get my results. I'm due at the beginning of August for the blood test, as was suggested when going through teletest.ca
Agree, good idea to wait a week or so as I think that's how long symptoms take to show up.
It's good you're getting an HIV test, but you might want to ask your doctor if that's necessary so often, I asked about this at the Hassle Free Clinic a few years ago and their answer was it depends on your lifestyle.
Roadtravelled

Post by Roadtravelled »

Every time I’ve gotten checked out it was at the Hassle Free Clinic. I like going there as it’s literally hassle free. What I don’t want to be is a regular and abuse their process. Do Walk-in Clinics offer the same service or does it get reported onto my electronic health file? Last thing I need is my GP to get preachy with me, even though I’m not that promiscuous when it comes to BB.
onlythetipreally

Post by onlythetipreally »

blueman wrote: Tue 30-Jul-2024 3:24 pm
onlythetipreally wrote: Tue 30-Jul-2024 1:10 pm
Agree, good idea to wait a week or so as I think that's how long symptoms take to show up.
It's good you're getting an HIV test, but you might want to ask your doctor if that's necessary so often, I asked about this at the Hassle Free Clinic a few years ago and their answer was it depends on your lifestyle.
I went through teletest.ca, which has HIV testing included in the $49 option. My doctor is judgmental and I've had issues with them over the years. I went to a clinic a few years back when a condom broke, but I never said it was with an sp. So they said an HIV test wasn't necessary. I realize now that I should have been honest, but I did get tested after that and verified that I was clean.

I definitely don't indulge in bbfs that often, but I have to test bc the post session anxiety is crazy. I don't know how you guys deal with it. For me an HIV test if good for my mental well being.