Messages stuck in outbox

Moderator: blueman

furlong

Messages stuck in outbox

Post by furlong »

Hey, I sent Bluesman a message but its stuck in outbox. This is regarding membership paid.

Thanks
funlovin

Re: Messages stuck in outbox

Post by funlovin »

To quote myself from another thread:
Just means blue hasn't checked his PMs yet, that's all. Quirk of phpBB (which the maintainers swear is obvious, but....), a message stays in your outbox until the recipient has seen it in their inbox. This comes up fairly regularly (here and on the phpBB support forums it seems).
I really don't know how the phpbb devs ever thought that was a good idea. It's like they'd never seen an outbox before...
blueman

Re: Messages stuck in outbox

Post by blueman »

funlovin wrote: Mon 08-Feb-2021 12:39 pm To quote myself from another thread:
Just means blue hasn't checked his PMs yet, that's all. Quirk of phpBB (which the maintainers swear is obvious, but....), a message stays in your outbox until the recipient has seen it in their inbox. This comes up fairly regularly (here and on the phpBB support forums it seems).
I really don't know how the phpbb devs ever thought that was a good idea. It's like they'd never seen an outbox before...
Agree, I think it's something they did years ago and probably would get a bunch of old-timers ticked off if they changed it.