Is it worth it looking into PrEP?

Talk about health issues here. Be careful out there folks!

Moderator: blueman

rawdogger88

Is it worth it looking into PrEP?

Post by rawdogger88 »

PrEP is a relatively new drug, mostly given to homosexual men to decrease their chances of getting HIV due to their high risk sex life.

We also have a relatively high risk lifestyle too. Would it be worth it to take a daily pill to pretty much have a 0% chance of contracting HIV from raw dogging some of these nasty girls. I cant be the only one who has hiv worries on the back of their mind.
bbmamba

Re: Is it worth it looking into PrEP?

Post by bbmamba »

Last edited by bbmamba on Mon 14-May-2018 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rawdogger88

Post by rawdogger88 »

Nevermind, I just checked the prices and it's like 30 bucks a pill. Definitely not worth it.

I've just been a bit worried since I found out that foreskin makes you more susceptible to getting HIV.

I go in assuming that every provider offering BBFS has HIV (most probably don't though). Even if it's 1/1000 chance of contracting, that's still not putting my mind to ease.
fairfield

Post by fairfield »

I would be more concerned about more prevelant STDs like herpes and genital warts.
archangel6644

Post by archangel6644 »

Where would you get PrEP? Family Dr.?
zeuskatanox

Post by zeuskatanox »

rawdogger88 wrote:Nevermind, I just checked the prices and it's like 30 bucks a pill. Definitely not worth it.

I've just been a bit worried since I found out that foreskin makes you more susceptible to getting HIV.

I go in assuming that every provider offering BBFS has HIV (most probably don't though). Even if it's 1/1000 chance of contracting, that's still not putting my mind to ease.
Keep in mind that there are probably about 3000 women living with HIV in Toronto, that's about 1 in 450.

I'm assuming that among BBFS SPs, it's probably much higher, maybe 1 in 20 (non-BBFS SPs probably won't have that much higher prevalence compared to the normal population, maybe 1 in 300).

With foreskin, maybe your chance of contracting HIV from an infected partner is maybe 1 in 500. Multiply the two numbers, the chance is about 1 in 10000 each time you do BBFS (or 99.99% you are not infected).

If you do this one hundred times, then chances are still highly in your favour you're not infected (a little above 99 percent).

All the same, stay safe. Nobody probably has caught HIV this way, but the anxiety can kill you while you're waiting out the window period (about 28 days + 7 days the time it takes to get results), especially if you happen to have fever 2 or 3 weeks after the exposure.
Eliottspitzer2011

Post by Eliottspitzer2011 »

I actually looked into this, even got appointments with the local infectious disease control doctor. He said transmission from woman to man is practically impossible. I could of course choose to start, but the cost was going to prohibitive.

Unless you're receiving unprotected anal, you have little to worry about
fairfield

Post by fairfield »

So basically there is zero or negligible chance of a man getting hiv from a woman with bb vaginal or anal sex? Interesting. There are so many sp's who have bbfs without worrying about any stds, and are apparently healthy.

Any one on this board who personally knows a case of contracting hiv from bbfs?
Anken

Post by Anken »

fairfield wrote:So basically there is zero or negligible chance of a man getting hiv from a woman with bb vaginal or anal sex? Interesting. There are so many sp's who have bbfs without worrying about any stds, and are apparently healthy.

Any one on this board who personally knows a case of contracting hiv from bbfs?
I have a friend who was diagnosed HIV positive in June 2016. He has been doing bbfs since 2013 and was tested regularly
fairfield

Post by fairfield »

Was this friend bi-sexual (had sex with men also)?