Is it worth it looking into PrEP?

Talk about health issues here. Be careful out there folks!

Moderator: blueman

ironwood

Re: Is it worth it looking into PrEP?

Post by ironwood »

Prep is was thirty bucks a pill in Canada pre-2017, there are generic options now that the patent has expired and the cost is way less, as well some people qualify for subsidies. Regardless I think the cost is roughly that of an incall now for the generic stuff I am going to be taking a trip downtown to one of the dispensaries that can provide you with it but the pharmacist has to speak with you first. I spoke with someone on the phone yesterday regarding cost and that's what I was told so when I find out more I will post the info here. There is too much info for me to put here so look for yourself, things have changed for the better and policies that restricted access to prep have been lifted, the cost has come way down and there are multiple numbers in this link where you can speak to someone to get info.

https://thesexyouwant.ca/prep/where-to-get-prep/
Buster

Post by Buster »

bbseeker wrote: Thu 05-Jan-2017 8:21 pm I had an anonymous HIV test done at the Health Clinic and thankfully it was negative.
The worker there told me that chances of a male contracting HIV from a female even if she has HIV is extremely low. I think he said 1 in a million or something like that. So this really put my mind at ease as I don't bang males.

So with this in mind, you won't need PrEP IMO.
Not true! Please don't spread this. Yes BBF vaginal intercourse with a female is a transfer rate of about 1:250,000 but the number with anal is 1:4 pitching and 1:2 catching. The same as gay anal sex. Not judging but you are mistaken if you think the homo vs hetero transfer for anal is not the same. Why wouldn't it be ? Poop contains blood, blood has the virus. Plus there are always little micro tears (rhymes with stairs) with anal. This is why some public health offices give out lube too
dudebob235

Post by dudebob235 »

Buster wrote: Tue 07-Apr-2020 4:19 pm
bbseeker wrote: Thu 05-Jan-2017 8:21 pm I had an anonymous HIV test done at the Health Clinic and thankfully it was negative.
The worker there told me that chances of a male contracting HIV from a female even if she has HIV is extremely low. I think he said 1 in a million or something like that. So this really put my mind at ease as I don't bang males.

So with this in mind, you won't need PrEP IMO.
Not true! Please don't spread this. Yes BBF vaginal intercourse with a female is a transfer rate of about 1:250,000 but the number with anal is 1:4 pitching and 1:2 catching. The same as gay anal sex. Not judging but you are mistaken if you think the homo vs hetero transfer for anal is not the same. Why wouldn't it be ? Poop contains blood, blood has the virus. Plus there are always little micro tears (rhymes with stairs) with anal. This is why some public health offices give out lube too
I think the rate is the same but the statistics of transfer rates are from homosexual encounters. I dont think there are true rates for male-female anal.